On Wednesday, 1 April 2020, we presented a FREE webinar on ‘Helping retailers navigate their legal liabilities during the COVID-19 crisis’ presented by principal of Gladwin Legal and retail law expert, Rosalyn Gladwin.
Topics discussed included:
- Employment – standing down an employee vs redundancy, OH&S compliance for employees working from home or in store;
- Retail leases – options to obtain rent relief and views on the 6 month moratorium;
- Getting out of contracts based on force majeure or frustration;
- Pivoting to a shared offering and other creative alternatives to assist retailers during the crisis; and
- Business relief – JobKeeper payments.
We know that these are challenging and uncertain times. We have had great feedback on our session. If you missed out or would like more information, keep an eye out for our next webinar in relation to COVID-19 legal issues which we will be announcing shortly. It will be an excellent chance to ask Rosalyn any burning questions you have had throughout the week.
Rosalyn is also offering FREE 20 minute online consultations to discuss any topics or questions you may have about your business (whether it be in relation to COVID-19 or not), which can be booked here.
If you are interested in receiving updates about our next webinar and receive any resources we are distributing going forward, please sign up to our newsletter in the sidebar on our blog page.