It’s no secret that e-commerce and online retail sales are on the rise. If you’ve recently joined the growing online retailing trend or are looking to enter the market, it is important to ensure that your site contains all the correct legal documentation. Some important considerations include:
- Are your terms and conditions of purchase and use up to date?
- Do they cover your international customers?
- Do you know when your contract of sale is formed?
- Are you protected if there is a technical error or mislabeling of price?
- Do your customers know how you are collecting their information, and what you are using their personal information for?
- Exchange, Refund and Warranty Policies
- How do you deal with customer complaints?
- What is your refund policy?
- Have you outlined who pays for shipping in the case of a return or exchange?
- Shipping Policies
- Do you have a procedure in place to deal with shipping issues – such as when you dispatch your merchandise, but it does not reach your customer?
Don’t rely on a simple ‘copy and paste’ of legal documentation – it is important to protect your business by getting tailored legal documentation and advice to avoid disputes and damage to your brand’s reputation.
Gladwin Legal has extensive experience in assisting e-commerce businesses minimize their exposure with tailored legal documents. Contact us today (, 1300 033 934) for a no obligation quote.